Those of you who follow me on Twitter or Facebook already know that my 5th Gen iPod finally conked out. I’ve had that for … gosh, I can’t remember how long. It’s been with me almost everywhere including trips to Seattle, WA, Ontario, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Disneyworld and the shores of North Carolina, not to mention my daily commute and other, more local excursions.
My iPod died on the way home from my last trip to Phoenix, which rendered the plane ride much more entertaining since I was forced to deal with the background buzz of the other passengers. You know, there are certain topics which shouldn’t be discussed on an airplane, folks!
|Alpine iDA-X100 from crutchfield.com|
The silence in the morning is deafening, to coin a phrase. I hear every rattle, hum and squeak that my truck makes while driving to and from work. I hate it.
I would try the radio, but we already know where that got me. So, I’m stuck. I am probably going to buy a refurbished iPod since the newer models don’t work with the Alpine iDA-X100 radio that I installed in the truck a few years ago.
Then, last night, Mrs. Kharmin and I were going to enjoy some microwave popcorn and settle down to an episode or two of Farscape on Netflix. As the popcorn was just getting started, and I was firing up the Wii to access Netflix, the microwave started giving off a loud buzzing noise. I looked across the room and sparks were arcing all over inside the microwave.
|Pilot! Save the microwave!|
I ran across the room and quickly shut it off. When I opened the door, a mixture of popcorn and electrical ozone odors wafted out. Not trusting the microwave any further, I unplugged it and with much sadness informed Mrs. Kharmin of the unit’s demise.
This microwave had been given to us as a wedding gift almost 20 years ago. It had lasted through our apartment, townhouse and our single family home. It replaced the kitchen microwave a few years ago when that one gave up the proverbial ghost. It has been a staple of our lives in that it has been with us from the beginning where few things in our house have.
Two electronic devices, that I touched last, died. Perhaps there is some weird electro-magnetic field surrounding me that I encountered while in the air en route to Arizona? Or maybe it’s just my electric personality?
I hope for the latter.
© 2012, Kharmin's Small Piece of the 'Net. All rights reserved.